Two wheelers have always been the most preferred mode of vehicle to fulfill the adventurous needs of a person. Rahul from New Delhi was one such individual who endorsed the same thinking when he recently purchased a brand new cruiser bike for which he had taken a loan from his home bank.
Apart from his adventurous trip, Rahul purchased the bike to avoid getting stuck in the traffic jams while commuting to work. He also invested money in purchasing accessories for his adventurous trip to the country side though he never really made use of those safety gears while riding in and around the city.
As the date of renewing his two wheeler motor policy approached, he started getting reminder calls from his dealer which he conveniently ignored being in the mindset that he didn't really need insurance. Rahul continued with his routine of using his bike for daily commuting in the city and once a month for adventurous trip to the country side. The dealer gave up on his follow up leaving Rahul without an insurance cover on his vehicle a year after having purchased it.
One day by his misfortune, Rahul met with a road accident which damaged the body parts of his vehicle. To add to his problems, the next day before he could even get his bike repaired, it was stolen from outside a movie theatre. With no insurance cover, Rahul faced the daunting reality of having lost out on his prized possession and his hard earned savings behind it.
Rahul's story is not an isolated incident in India since according to industry estimates, nearly 50% of two-wheelers in the country are uninsured. An average insurance cover for shielding your two-wheeler from uncertainties for a year is a mere Rs 700-800/-. With such a small ticket investment (yearly) comes a host of insurance benefits and peace of mind that your prized possession is well covered. It's time we make the effort of getting our 2 wheeler insured. On the part of insurers, they have made the renewal process really simple and convenient through the offline and online route.
Insurance companies have understood the fast paced life of today's generation such as of Rahul. The reach and the use of Internet have found a place amongst this young generation. Providing a platform like the Internet for renewing or buying a motor policy
has made the cumbersome and time consuming process much quicker and seamless.
- Ease of purchase - One can purchase/ renew a policy 24 x 7, 365 days a year. This could be from your office or the comfort of your home.
- Lower cost - Purchasing an insurance policy online could also be more cost-effective since companies pass on the savings from distribution, administration and courier expenses etc. to the customer.
- Compare multiple options - One can compare various policies, evaluate add-ons to be included in the policy and choose one that best suits one's needs
- Instant insurance -Â Buying insurance online is an activity that requires only a few clicks. In most cases, the insurance policy document is generated instantaneously.
- Transparency - Buying an insurance policy online enables one to access all the terms and conditions related to the policy. As such, it ensures that the customer is able to take an informed decision. In addition, one can seek help through online chat/ 24x7 toll free calling facility to resolve any doubts that one may have
- Ease of payment - One can choose from a wide range of options to pay online. These include credit/ debit card payment, net banking, funds transfer etc.
Riding can be fun but not without compromising on the risk you invite to yourself and to others. Get online and enjoy a hassle free ride.
Happy & Safe Riding!!