Therefore it is appropriate to have a mediclaim to ensure your safety during serious illnesses. The long working hours, little exercise, passion for junk food, stress at work have all combined to make us susceptible to many ailments. In the absence of a healthcare policy like Mediclaim, we are exposed to serious problems in the event of illnesses. Medical treatment is quite expensive and there is no sign of its abatement.
If we do not have a Mediclaim to sustain us when we face a crisis like serious disease or a complicated surgical operation, we would have to dip into our savings. Many of us who are not wealthy enough to meet the expenses of modern medical treatment may find their life’s savings evaporated.
In absence of a Mediclaim, many would opt for cheaper alternatives with disastrous consequences. All said and done there is no alternative to a Mediclaim policy in the present day health scenario. health care policy is formulated to give you comprehensive coverage. There are often large number of features in a mediclaim. They offer a basket of provisions to make them more attractive for customers.
Typical provisions are:
- Medical expenses incurred during hospitalisation as an in-patient for more than 24 hours. These include doctors and surgeon’s fees, medical bills, diagnostic test charges, O.T charges, room rents etc.
- Medical expenses incurred on recognized technologically advanced surgeries as also procedures which require less than 24 hours of hospitalisation. These procedures include dialysis, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Pre-existing diseases can be covered on the condition that you retain your policy with the insurer for four continuous years. This health care policy is offered by some selected insurance companies.
- Recently, there has been an outbreak of a new genre of diseases like Swine flu, H1N1 influenza. If these are not pre-existing at the time of buying the policy, the mediclaim covers these diseases.
Following exclusions are valid for the first two years only in a Mediclaim
by reputed companies.
- Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy.
- Hernia, Hydrocele
- Arthritis, gout, rheumatism
- Stone in biliary and urinary system
- Dialysis required for chronic renal failure
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Joint replacement, unless due to an accident etc.
can take a lot of burden off your shoulders. Your finances need not be touched even in the case of a major operation. Summary:
saves you from a lot of worry. Medical treatment being very expensive, you can get the best of treatment most economically only through Mediclaim. Health care policy
of insurance companies contains many desirable provisions. Surely there is no substitute for Mediclaim
in today’s world. Do an extensive research of the Healthcare policy
offered by reputed insurance companies and select the ideal Mediclaim
for you and your family.