insurance requirements thoroughly. Also you need to check all of your present insurance plans and credit cards. You can even speak to your agent and inform him about your plans. Assess his recommendation and buy one that best suits your requirements and budget.
When buying a travel insurance online plan, it is important to keep the following tips in mind:
- Know whether or not your expenses are covered up front or the amount will be reimbursed later.
- You must understand the deductible as well as any cover limits.
- In case, you are on certain medications, make sure your plan covers replacement costs.
- Make sure you don’t club your travel insurance plan with your travel agent.
- They offer expensive plans. It is important to know about the national health plan of your destination.
- A rider should be added to your existing policy. This will cover you for expensive items such as jewellery, laptops etc.
- The travel insurance plan should also cover you for cancellation of trip. Sometimes, you may even get a cover for trip cancellation due to terrorist acts.
- Another important thing to focus on is to enquire whether the coverage is primary or secondary. Usually secondary travel insurance online plans will require you get standard insurance first. The primary plan will cover you outright.
- The travel insurance plan you buy should not have any destination restrictions.
- Most importantly, you should know about the hazardous activities covered in the plan. Since you don’t have control over natural calamities and accidents, it is important to take care that the insurance company covers you against various hazards that you may encounter with during the trip.
- You can maximize your coverage via buying the plan at least 2 weeks prior to setting out for the trip.
Travel insurance renewal
To enjoy the benefits of a tour plan, you must emphasise on renewing it from time to time. You can discuss with your insurance company about the travel insurance renewal policy terms and exact date to avoid any confusion.
Filing Travel Insurance Claim
The process of filing a travel insurance plan claim is not difficult. All you require doing is visit the official website of insurance company online and fill in a claim form. You would also require submitting requisite documents to ensure that the claim request is approved on time.
It is important to be honest about your travel plans when buying the policy. This also indicates that you should be candid about the destination point and the activities you actually plan on undertaking the moment you reach the desired destination.
Also prepare a list of items you would be carrying with you. This will help you claim the loss easier and without wasting much time. Also take the pictures of things you plan to carry along. This will help a lot while claiming for reimbursement.
Understanding Travel Insurance Plans offered in India
Many different types of insurance plans are available these days in India. Knowing about these plans in detail will help individuals buy one that best fits into their needs.
Single Round Trip Plan
The plan is available for individuals between the ages of 3 months and 70 years. It covers medical and financial emergencies that may arise when travelling abroad. It also offers benefits like reimbursement for loss of checked-in baggage, delay of checked in baggage and a lot more. The plan will also offer unique facilities such as cashless hospitalization anywhere in the world. This travel insurance plan is unique because it covers pre-existing diseases under life-threatening emergency situations.
Cover upto 85 years without medical check-up
Cashless hospitalisation facility available worldwide
Health care facilities through collaboration of United Health International (UHI is a leading US based health care provider).
The cover can extended up to maximum of 360 days.
Cover for total checked in baggage loss
Medical and nursing assistance for loved ones back home
Automotive assistance services for dependents in India.
Extended stay in hotel cover natural and man-made calamities.
The plan coves natural calamities such as flood, fire, earthquake and political risks.
Medical evacuation costs back to India (pay per day basis)
Gold Multi Trip Plan
The plan has been specifically designed for frequent international travellers. It is valid for 12 months. It covers pre-existing diseases under life-threatening emergency situations. One can also experience premium quality health care when in America with UHI (UnitedHealth International). No medical check-ups are required for this plan.
- Cashless hospitalisation facility across the world.
- Secure as 30, 45 or 60 days per trip all through the year.
- Value added services for dependants in India.
- Comprehensive plan with extensive coverage.
- Total loss of checked-in baggage.
- Losses due to delay in trip.
- Loss of passport.
- Emergency cash advance.
- Missed (Flight) Connections.
- Medical evacuation costs back to India.
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Plan
The plan is available for individuals between the ages – 71 and 85. It is actually a comprehensive policy for senior citizens. It covers unforeseen medical and non-medical expenses when travelling abroad including hijack distress allowance. One can also avail of benefits including but not restricted to loss of checked-in baggage, delay of flights, missed flights, and unique facilities such as cashless hospitalization across the globe.
Senior citizens can enjoy quality health care while in USA with UHI (United Health International). The plan also covers loss of passport, financial emergency, and pre-existing diseases under life threatening situations. No medical check-up is required for this plan.
What is defined as ‘Life threatening situation’ in travel insurance policy?
- Noticeably unstable vital parameters such as pulse, blood pressure, temperature and respiratory rate.
- Acute harm or impairment of one or more vital organ systems such as heart, brain, lungs, pancreas, liver, and kidneys.