Many travellers make overseas trip in large numbers, some for a holiday and some for business. Every traveller plans out his trip to assure nothing could come between them and an enjoyable holiday. But if the traveller's luck is not favouring him too well, he might end up in unpleasant situations like loss of luggage, delay or cancellation of flights, loss of passport, illness, theft etc. All such worries can be taken care of by an insurance company that provides you with a travel policy for overseas travel in India. It is beneficial for every traveller to insure himself or herself for a travel policy
to have a trouble free vacation.
policies help cover up the medical expenses, in case of an illness, through the cashless facility. Insurance companies also help solve financial issues in case of a theft or loss of luggage by providing emergency financial aid. While choosing insurance for overseas travel in India, it is necessary to make sure that the travel policy provides one with the maximum benefits. Some of the key benefits of a travel policy for overseas travel in India are as follows:
- Cashless facility availability all over the world during hospitalisation
- No medical check-up required for policy issuance
- Policy coverage in case of an extension of trip
- Facility to pay the premium on a per-day basis
One must also make note of the conditions that are not covered by the insurance company’s who sell insurance for overseas travel in India, as that will help them take more precautions while travelling. Conditions that do not fall under the travel policy are:
- Anxiety, Depression or any kind of mental disorder
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- HIV and AIDS i.e. Venereal diseases and diseases that are transmitted sexually
- Sport activities
- Induced nuclear weapons and radiation
- Expenses that arise due to the loss of money, passport, tickets and valuables in public places
A deductible of a certain amount is applied to every claim and this is based on the treatment of the entire illness and not individual doctor or hospital visits. Also, compensation is paid on per-day basis in conditions where the trip has been delayed for 6 hours or more. One has the facility to calculate the premium on the internet and also avail services to buy the policy online. For those purchasing a policy for overseas travel in India
, the policy can be bought using a credit card instantly, and the premium can be paid online, thus liberating the traveller from processing delays and tedious paperwork.