Calm surroundings at Ashburn
If Mother Nature's embrace is what you seek, Ashburn should be right up your alley. Located on the outskirts of Washington, this 45 sq. km town is ideal for a rejuvenating sojourn.
Known earlier as Farmwell, Ashburn offers its visitors a memorabilia of mesmerizing sights, refreshing activities and remarkable experiences. Here are the top five ways for tourists to relax in Ashburn.
1. Relish its Picturesque Surroundings
Bask in the sun at its diverse parks
Ride a bicycle through the district to relish its green scenery. You can explore diverse trails along the calm reservoir at Beaverdam trails. If you like adventure, you can venture into the beautiful woods.
Visit the Trailside Park to enjoy a diverse range of activities like soccer, softball and baseball. Children can play in a huge area reserved for them, making it a complete package for a family outing. Ashburn Park is another popular park for its kids' play area and playground.
2. Take Pleasure in its Outdoor Activities
Adventure activities like hiking and mountain bike riding are popular with tourists. You can take one of the explored trails or head to an unexplored territory, making your own trail.
Savor fresh fruits and vegetables at the Farm Market at Calhoun produce. You can even take them back home for your loved ones as you can pack them with innovative gift ideas.
3. Enjoy its Exciting Sports Activities
Enjoy a game of golf at Ashburn
Play an exciting game of golf at the Brembleton Regional Park golf course or at the Wanee Lake country club. After a few rounds of golf, you may wish to move on to something cooler. Switch to ice skating or ice hockey at the Ashburn Ice House. In case you wish to entertain your toddler, head for the Chibis Indoor Playground for a session of fun and games.
4. Get Entertained with its Nightlife
Theatres in Ashburn are buzzing with its ballets, comedy shows and dramas. Its restaurants are famous for serving exotic cuisines accompanied with classic wines. You can visit its breweries to relax with a chilled beer. We recommend the Lost Rhino Brewing Company, a popular hangout with tourists.
5. Visit Awesome Attractions
Ashburn has a range of attractions for the young and the old, alike. The National Museum of Crime and Punishment is one of its most popular tourist attractions. Alamo Cinema Draft house, famous for delivering the advanced aspects of cinema, is also a favorite with tourists. However, you would be required to hire a cab as these and other attractions are some distance apart from each other.
Quick Tips for the Ashburn Trip
1. Best Time to Visit: Summer months from May to October are the best time to visit Ashburn. If you wish to see its snow-clad mountains, the winter months of November to February are perfect.
2. Things to Look Out For: Winters in Ashburn can be harsh with temperatures dipping below -10 degrees Celsius; use necessary precautions to avoid painful frostbites.
3. Other Trip Essentials: Pack only what is essential, keep your necessary medications at hand and remember to opt for a travel policy in case things do not go as planned while you travel. A travel policy, much like a dependable plan B for your trip, insures you from various unforeseen expenses like costs incurred on loss of baggage, excessive delay of checked in baggage, cancellation of trips, hospitalization, etc.
Remain financially secure while enjoying your trip to Ashburn at a nominal price. Click here to know more.