In today's times, when critical illnesses and medical inflation are on the rise, a wellness program comes as a relief for policyholders. Read on to understand wellness programs and their benefits.
What is a wellness program?
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers wellness program along with your health insurance policy or super top-up plan. Through it, you, as a policyholder, are rewarded with wellness points for keeping yourself hale and hearty by pursuing any of the activities covered. These points can be redeemed later as per the redemption terms and conditions, subject to a maximum.
Why should I opt for a wellness program with my health insurance policy?
According to a recent report published by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the probability of deathin India from the fourmajor non-communicable diseases – cancer, cardiovascular, chronic respiratory,and diabetes,is 26% for individuals aged 30-70 years. Let us have a look at the probable underlying causes:
What are the benefits of a wellness program?
You can avail the following benefits with a wellness program:
- Healthy mind and body: Wellness programs can be either lifestyle or disease centric. Lifestyle-centric approach mainly focuses on preventive care and good practices, such as membership to yoga or gym.
- On the other hand, disease management helps individuals cope with pre-existing and chronic diseases. It also focuses on prevention of further complications through procedures such as periodic heart screening.
- Discounts on your premiums: Some insurance companies offer redemption of points for the medical expenses not covered in your base policy. It may include dental procedures, consultation fees, prescription medicine, diagnostic charges, dietician and nutritionist counselling, etc., which can be a welcome relief from therising medical costs.
How can I earn wellness points?
Follow the three-step process below:
- Step 1: Participate in any of the activities listed in thewellness program
- Step 2:Collect all original bills and receipts of the activities you intend to redeem the points for
- Step 3: Send these receipts to us along with the duly-filled submission form toICICI Lombard Health Care, ICICI Bank tower, Plot No. 12, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-5000032.
Once your form is received, we will send a confirmation with the details of your accumulated wellness points.
You can also check your wellness points by:
- Calling us at our toll free number 1800266
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logging on to the claims & wellness management portal
We also send the information of your total wellness points to your registered email address once every three months for added convenience.
How can I redeem my wellness points?
Each wellness point is equivalent to ₹0.25. With a wellness program, you will be eligible to receive reimbursement of miscellaneous medical expenses not covered in your policy such as:
- Consultation charges
- Medicine and drugs
- Diagnostic expenses
- Dental expenses
- Wellness and preventive care
The process for redemption is simple and very similar to registering your earned wellness points:
- Step 1: Collect all original bills of medicines, consultations, and expenses of which you would like to claim for.
- Step 2: Send these along with the test reports if any, and the redemption form to:
ICICI Lombard Health Care, ICICI Bank tower, Plot No. 12, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-5000032
- Step 3: We will intimate you once documents are received and keep you updated of the status via email.
To track the status yourself, you can:
- Call our toll free no. 18002666 or
- Check 'Track your claims' section of the Claims & Wellness management portal of our website. Next, enter your Claim No. or AL No. and press the search button.
- Mail to email@example.com to put up an enquiry
Which activities are covered under ICICI Lombard's Wellness Program?
The wellness points for each activity for which you can claim reimbursement are listed below:
||Maximum points accumulated per floater policy
||Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
||Medical Risk Assessment (MRA)*
||Heart-related screening tests for ages above 45 years(under PRA**)
||HbA1c/Complete lipid profile for any age(under PRA)
||PAP smear for females aged 45 years and above (under PRA)
||Mammogram for females aged 45 years and above (under PRA)
||Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) for malesaged 45 years and above (under PRA)
||Any other test as suggested by our empanelled medical expert (under PRA)
||Gym/Yoga membership for 1 year
||Participation in professional sporting events like marathon/ cyclothon/ swimathon, etc.
||Participation in any other health and fitness activity / event organised by us
||Quit smoking- based on self-declaration
||Share your fitness success story
||On winning any health quiz organised by us
You can earn maximum 5000 wellness points on individual basis and 10,000 points per floater policy for the activities 9,10, 11 combined together.
*Under MRA from second year onwards, if tests are within normal limits, 1000/2000 points will be awarded.
**PRA stands for Preventive Risk Assessment
For HRA and MRA, you do not need to submit any form or documents as the points earned under those categories will automatically be updated against the policy.
The ICICI Lombard Advantage
ICICI Lombard offers such Wellness Programs along with a comprehensive health insurance plan and with a super top-up. It features multiple incentives and rewards you for staying fit by allocation of wellness points. These wellness points can be a boon in times of need and help you cope with expenses not covered in your base policy.
What's more, we also provide you with periodic updates about your wellness points and end-to-end support from understanding your policy to redemption of points. So, you can be rest assured that you and your family can enjoy a healthy life without having to worry about out-of-pocket medical expenses.