Multi trip travel insurance, also referred to as annual travel insurance is preferably designed for frequent travelers. This is one of the most important elements of trip preparation. Unfortunately, most people tend to ignore the importance of buying travel insurance. This usually results in losses (sometimes non-recoverable) due to certain emergencies faced by travelers on the trip. Imagine a situation where you have to extend your stay in a foreign country due to an emergency or an event where you lose your baggage and cash. This can turn into a traumatic situation. Only a travel insurance plan will help you come out of this situation. It can reimburse all the losses and save you from facing the impact of emergency.
In India travel insurance is mainly divided into two groups:
- Single trip policy
- Gold Multi trip policy
One of the major advantages of multi trip travel insurance plan is that you can opt for as many tours and trips as you wish to in a year. This also means that with a single policy, you can actually cover many trips and different hazards associated with these tours. This way, these plans are quite affordable. These insurance plans protect the policyholders from the following emergencies and much more:
- Medical Cover (includes medical evacuation cost)*
- Repatriation of Remains (Including in medical Sum Insured)
- Dental Treatment
- Total Loss of Checked in Baggage
- Delay of Checked in Baggage
- Loss of Passport
- Personal Liability
- Personal Accident
- Hijack Distress Allowance
- Emergency Cash Advance
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption
- Missed Flight Connection
- Trip Delay
- Political Risk and Catastrophe Evacuation
- Accidental Death (Common Carrier)
- Value Added Services for your dependants in India
Please note: Any claim due to or arising out of pre-existing medical condition/ailment whether declared or undeclared is not covered under the policy.
If you travel a lot in a year, it is worthwhile to buy a multi-trip travel insurance plan. The annual travel insurance will cover over one or two trips each year. The number varies from one provider to another. Also the duration of a single trip may also vary from 30 to 60 days. The multi trip travel insurance will cover an individual for about a year. This means an individual can avail several trips in a year under this policy. This policy is very cost-effective for frequent travelers. The best part is that the children come under this insurance plan for free. The insurance policyholder can also insure 4 children (under 18) under a single multi trip travel insurance plan.
Right Candidates for Multi-trip Plans
Multi trip insurance plans are the best choice for those, who expect to go for more than three short or long trips in a year. The plan works really well for contract workers. They can benefit from these plans as they have to travel very frequently for projects and other work related tasks. The policyholder must pay yearly premium in order to guarantee all his business trips and pleasure holidays using a single policy. However, prior to actually opting for an insurance policy, you should make sure that it covers the geographical area, you plan to travel to.
Some of the individuals may not be in favor of investing in multi trip travel insurance plan. This is because it might seem to be quite expensive as compared to the single trip plans. Initially the multi trip plan may cost a little higher when compared to the value what one requires paying for a single trip policy. However, this is not true. When you calculate the collective premium operating costs of each of the single trip travel cover plan, you will come to know that multi trip insurance is a wonderful way to insure your trip as compared to buying the single trip plan.
Popular Multi trip Insurance Plans offered by Reputed Providers in India:
The Essence of Gold Multi Trip Plan
- One of the multi trip insurance plans offered by an insurance provider in India is valid for those aged between 19 and 70. In fact, each trip duration can vary from 30 to 45 days. The company also offers gold and platinum policies in this category with special features.
- Some of the insurance providers also offer the policy for an age group of 18 to 60 years. The company generally covers 45 days trip at one go.
- One of the best multi trip insurance plans is offered by ICICI Lombard. It covers a wide range of individuals within age group from 1 to 70 years. Each trip will also have 30, 45 & 60 days. They offer gold and platinum categories with special features for multi trip travel insurance plan.
- Then you can go for another company that offers multi travel insurance plan available for age group between 18 and 70 years of individuals.
This plan is specifically designed for a frequent international traveler. When you buy this policy, it is valid for about one year and an insured can easily choose between 3 different options as the maximum duration per trip:
Key Benefits of Gold Multi Trip Insurance Plan
Details of Services
Value Added Services for Dependants in India $*
- It offers cover up to about 70 years without medical check-up (the period may vary from one company to the other
- Cashless hospitalization facility is available all around the world
- High quality and experienced health care is available in USA with UHI (check with your insurance provider for the same)
- Secure as many trips (30, 45 or 60 days per trip) throughout the year (read the terms and conditions carefully before investing in a plan)
- Many companies offer special home nursing care assistance and monitoring assistance for your loved ones back home (depends on the insurer you are dealing with)
- Many companies offer unique services such as automotive assistance services and even lifestyle services for dependants in India.
With ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance
feel secure because your loved ones back home enjoy a bundle of concierge services when you are on the move.
1) Medical Concierge Services for dependants in India
2) Automotive Assistance Services for dependants in India
- Telephone Medical Information We will arrange for facilitation of the health information for you over the phone.
- Medical Service Provider Referral We will provide the details of the medical service provider such as name, contact number, details of the office hours of the hospital/clinic.
- Appointments with Local Doctors for Treatment We will facilitate an appointment with the local doctor
- Home Nursing Care Assistance
We will provide the assistance for home nursing to ensure your loved ones are being taken care when you are away.
- Monitoring assistance
- Evacuation / Repatriation Services
3) Lifestyle Services for dependants in India
- Minor on the spot repair
- Breakdown Services & Towing
- Flat tyre service
- Gift/Flowers Delivery Assistance
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Business Services , including translation of official documents, assistance with tax consultants and attorneys
- Special Events and Performance Assistance including arrangement of tickets for sports and other events.
- Home Movers Assistance
- Plumbing Assistance
- Electrical Assistance
- Pest Control Assistance
- Home Cleaning Assistance
- Electrical Gadget Repair Assistance
$* For the above mentioned services, the liability of the Company would always remain limited to providing with assistance in terms of arranging the above mentioned services. All charges towards such services would be borne by the Insured Person.
Note: Applicable for specific plans