Health insurance has time and again proved to be a lifeline to innumerable people during their time of need. A sound health insurance policy safeguards you by preventing a health crisis from transpiring in to a financial crisis.
Health insurance policies can be tailored according to your coverage requirements and financial situation. It is important to understand how a health insurance policy works, so that you can choose the best policy.
How much is enough?
Ensure your 'sum insured' is adequate
Did you know…?
By opting for additional health insurance, you can avail tax benefits
Hospitalization is easy with your Health Insurance card
The benefits of a health insurance are well acknowledged by all, but a common question that perplexes health insurance policy buyers is, "How much health insurance should I avail?"
You need to factor in several variables before deciding how much health insurance cover is adequate for you and your family. Lifestyle, medical history, family’s medical history and annual income are the main parameters based on which an adequate health cover should be selected.
If your family has a history of a particular disease, then you are more likely to suffer from it. You should look at the nature of major and minor illnesses that may affect you and your family, along with the approximate costs of dealing with those health issues, in order to ascertain your ideal health cover.
Tips for Purchasing Adequate Health Cover
- You should differentiate between necessity and frills so that you only opt for the additional cover that you require.
- Focus on the features and benefits of the policy rather than the premium. A lower premium may seem attractive but inadequate cover can cause you unexpected financial harm during a medical emergency.
- Calculate your need for coverage based on your age and financial situation. Retired individuals may require more coverage due to age-related illnesses and diminished income.
- The 'sum insured’ is not an absolute guarantee when making a claim. There are certain predefined limits, which determine the highest limit of compensation for specific illnesses. You should consider any such limits in the policy and weigh them out based on your required coverage.
- Opt for long-term policies, as health insurance is a long-standing investment. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about frequent renewals and inflation of prices.
Health Care Plus
Health Care Plus is designed to provide adequate health cover and an enhanced ‘sum insured’. This policy is ideal for you if you are looking to avoid astronomical medical bills arising from serious illnesses.
Health Care Plus helps when the coverage limit is crossed and the expenses are beyond an individual’s affordability limit. It is advisable to enhance your health cover with Health Care Plus to protect your finances and overcome unexpected health issues.
Health Care Plus
- Supplementary plan for existing Health Cover
- Can be availed when coverage of existing plan is inadequate
- Reimbursement of hospitalization expenses
- Coverage of pre-existing diseases after 4th consecutive renewal
- Free health check to one insured on policy renewal
- Lifetime renewability
- Coverage for long term from one years to two years
- No Sub Limits
- Flexible Sum Insured
- Premium is eligible for deduction under Section 80 D of Income Tax Act
- Cover is independant of any other health insurance plan availed by insurer
- Any individual between 5 - 65 years of age can avail the policy
Filing for a health insurance claim is an extremely easy process, which just requires you to show your ICICI Health Insurance card at the concerned hospital. You do not have to pay any costs from your pocket as we settle the dues directly with the hospital.
Cashless hospitalization is available at any of our networked hospitals so it is advised to identify the closest eligible hospital to your home. In case your hospital is not within our network, we will reimburse your medical costs upon submission of hospital bills, medical reports and other required documents.
Once you determine your requirements for health coverage, you can visit our website to purchase a Health Care Plus Policy. Purchasing the policy is a simple two-step process - filling in your details and paying the premium online.
Download our IL Insure mobile app to access more information regarding this policy and its coverage. You can file and manage your claims using this convenient mobile app.